XK13 - IoT Plus Kit, powered by Zerynth
The XinaBox IoT Plus Kit (XK13), powered by Zerynth, gives you everything you need to build an IoT smart (edge) device that collects environmental data, and to which an actuator can be attached for automation projects. Control an electric gate, garage door, or fan, connect to IoT dashboards to create alerts and control algorithms, or harness the power of AI / ML.
In the box you will find five xChip sensors: one for VOC and eCO2, one for capacitive touch, one for gesture and proximity, one for universal digital input, and one for temperature, humidity and atmospheric pressure. You will also find a Wi-Fi and BLE Core xChip (ESP-WROOM-32), a SHA-256 hardware encryption module, a solid state relay to switch low voltage appliances, a servo driver, two packs of connectors, and a programming interface (which also acts as a USB power source).
- 1 x AH01 - SHA-256 Hardware Encryption (ATECC508A)
- 1 x CW02 - Wi-Fi & BLE Core (ESP-WROOM-32)
- 1 x IP01 - USB Programming Interface (FT232R)
- 1 x OC03 - Relay Out (PCA9554A)
- 1 x OC05 - Servo Driver (PCA9685 & BU33SD5)
- 1 x SG33 - VOC and eC02 Sensor (CC811)
- 1 x SH01 - Capacative Touch Sensor (CAP1296)
- 1 x SL06 - Gesture and Proximity Sensor (APDS-9960)
- 1 x SU02 - Universal Digital Input (ADC081C021)
- 1 x SW01 - Advanced Weather Sensor (BME280)
- 2 x XC10 - 10-Pack xBUS Connectors
- 1 x Zerynth Starter FreeRTOS license (see below)
In addition to the kit components above, we currently support integration with Zerynth through libraries for the following additional xChips: OC01 HighCurrent DC Switch, SL19 IR Temperature Sensor, SW03 Weather Sensor, SW10 Temperature Sensor.
Check out these tutorials to get you making devices in minutes:
Zerynth Starter FreeRTOS: 1 license for CW02 Wi-Fi & BLE Core (ESP-WROOM-32)
XinaBox has partnered with Zerynth (www.zerynth.com) to deliver a revolutionary IoT kit, which dramatically simplifies building electronic devices. By combining modular electronics with an ecosystem of software tools in Python, we aim to dramatically cut development time, speed to market, and costs. The CW02 xChip includes a Zerynth license and it's ready for all your ideas.
To activate the onboard Zerynth license, insert the code provided in Zerynth Studio during the registration phase of the device. More info at: https://docs.zerynth.com/latest/official/board.zerynth.xinabox_esp32/docs/index.html
Users who need licenses for Premium Zerynth Virtual Machines can buy them on Zerynth's store https://store.zerynth.com/. In particular, Premium Zerynth Virtual Machines available for XinaBox are:
- "Firmware Over the Air update (FOTA)" version, that allows end-user to update the firmware remotely and “over the air”.
- "Secure Firmware" version, that allows to detect and recover from malfunctions.
Please see https://www.zerynth.com/get-started/#licensing for further details.