SW03 - Weather Sensor (MPL3115A2)
This xCHIP is equipped with a weather sensor that is capable of measuring the temperature, atmospheric pressure.
The MPL3115A2 is a compact, piezoresistive, absolute pressure sensor with an I2C digital interface. MPL3115A2 has a wide operating range of 20 kPa to 110 kPa, a range that covers all surface elevations on earth. The MEMS is temperature compensated utilizing an on-chip temperature sensor. The pressure and temperature data is fed into a high resolution ADC to provide fully compensated and digitized outputs for pressure in Pascals and temperature in °C. The compensated pressure output can then be converted to altitude.
- Measures temperature (°C)
- Measures atmospheric pressure (kPa) /altitude (m)
- High-accuracy altimetry and barometry
- GPS applications: dead reckoning, map assist, navigation, enhancement for emergency services
- Weather station equipment
- Based on MPL3115A2
- I2C interface
- Fully Compensated Internal
- Temperature Operating Range: -40°C to 85°C
- Absolute Pressure Operating Range: 20 kPa to 110 kPa
- Precision ADC resulting in 0.1 meter of effective resolution
- Direct reading