SI02 - IMU 6DoF (MAG3110 & MMA8653fc)
Freescale’s MAG3110 is a small, low-power, digital 3-axis magnetometer. The device can be used in conjunction with a 3-axis accelerometer to realize an orientation independent electronic compass that can provide accurate heading information. It features a standard I2C serial interface output and smart embedded functions. The MAG3110 is capable of measuring magnetic fields with an output data rate (ODR) up to 80 Hz; these output data rates correspond to sample intervals from 12.5 ms to several seconds. The MAG3110 is available in a plastic DFN package and it is guaranteed to operate over the extended temperature range of -40°C to +85°C.
The MMA8653FC is an intelligent, low-power, three-axis, capacitive micromachined accelerometer with 10 bits of resolution. This accelerometer is packed with embedded functions with flexible user-programmable options, configurable to two interrupt pins. Embedded interrupt functions enable overall power savings, by relieving the host processor from continuously polling data. There is access to either low-pass or high-pass filtered data, which minimizes the data analysis required for jolt detection and faster transitions. The device can be configured to generate inertial wake-up interrupt signals from any combination of the configurable embedded functions, enabling the MMA8653FC to monitor inertial events while remaining in a low-power mode during periods of inactivity.
- 3-Axis Accelerometer
- 3-Axis Magnetometer
- 6DOF - Nine Degrees of Freedom
- Real-time activity analysis (pedometer step counting, freefall drop detection for HDD, dead-reckoning GPS backup)
- Motion detection for portable product power saving (Auto-SLEEP and Auto-WAKE for cell phone, PDA, GPS, gaming)
- Shock and vibration monitoring (mechatronic compensation, shipping and warranty usage logging)
- Full-scale range ±1000 uT
- Sensitivity of 0.10 uT
- Noise down to 0.25 uT rms
- Output Data Rates (ODR) up to 80 Hz
- 400 kHz Fast Mode compatible I2C interface
- Low-power, single-shot measurement mode
- RoHS compliant
- Output Data Rates (ODR) from 1.56 Hz to 800 Hz
- 10-bit digital output
- I2C digital output interface with programmable interrupts
- One embedded channel of configurable motion detection (Free Fall)
- Orientation (Portrait/Landscape) detection with fixed hysteresis of 15°.
- Configurable automatic ODR change triggered by the Auto-Wake/Sleep state change