AI04 - I2C Extender (P82B715DR)
This xCHIP is an interface module, based on the P82B715DR by Texas Instruments. The P82B715DR is a bipolar device intended for I2C bus systems applications and supports bidirectional data transfer via the I2C bus. The P82B715DR buffers both the serial data (SDA) and serial clock (SCL) signals on the I2C bus and allows expansion of the I2C bus, while retaining all the operating modes and features of the I2C system.
3.3 volt from are also transmitted from one AI04 to another AI04, eliminating the need for separate power on the receiving end.
No specific coding is required to use a pair of AI04 as the I2C signal is transmitted transparently between the 2 sides.
A pair of AI04 are interconnected using patch cable (straight) version of the well-known RJ11 telephone style cable and plug points.
- Supports bidirectional data transfer of I2C bus signals and 3.3 volt power.
- Long I2C communications
- Industrial communications
- Specific location or facing of sensors or other xChips
- Dual bidirectional unity-voltage-gain buffer with no external directional control required
- Drives 10x lower-impedance bus wiring for improvised noise immunity
- Multi-drop distance of I2C signals using low-cost twisted-pair cables
- I2C bus operation over 50 meters of twisted-pair wire