AH01 - SHA-256 Hardware Encryption (ATECC508A)
This xCHIP is a core encryption module which forms part of the Crypto module range, running a security algorithm based on SHA-256.
This xCHIP includes the ATECC508A from Atmel, which is a secure CryptoAuthentication device, which is equipped with an EEPROM array that can be used for storing of up to 16 key, certificates, consumption logging, security configurations and other types of secure data. Access to the various sections of memory can be restricted in several different ways and then the configuration can be locked permanently, to prevent changes.
The ATECC508A features a wide array of defense mechanisms specifically designed to prevent physical attacks on the device itself, or logical attacks on the data transmitted between the device and the system. Hardware restrictions on the ways in which keys are used or generated provide further defense against certain styles of attack.
Access to the device is made through a standard I2C interface at speeds of up to 1 Mb/s.
- Cryptographic co-processor with secure hardware-based key storage
- SHA-256 hash algorithm with HMAC option
- 256-bit key length
- Storage for up to 16 keys
- Guaranteed unique 72-bit serial number
- IoT node security and ID
- Secure download and boot
- Ecosystem control
- Message security
- Performs high-speed public key (PKI) algorithms:
- ECDSA: FIPS186-3 Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm
- ECDH: FIPS SP800-56A Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman Algorithm
- NIST standard P256 elliptic curve support
- Host and client operations
- Two high-endurance monotonic counters
- Internal high-quality FIPS Random Number Generator (RNG)
- 10Kb EEPROM memory for keys, certificates, and data
- Operating temperature range: -40°C to 85°C
- <150 nA sleep current