XinaBox revolutionizes BBC micro:bit functionality (press release)
XinaBox, producer of an innovative educational technology ecosystem, today launched revolutionary functionality for the BBC micro:bit, bringing easy IoT and SD card based data logging capabilities to a community of over 4 million learners.
BBC micro:bits are utilized in educational computer science, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) and natural science programmes across primary, secondary and third level educational institutions. XinaBox’s interface brings ground-breaking functionality to:
- Connect micro:bit via WiFi to the Internet of Things, gather sensor data, and control devices via the cloud
- Record data to SD card, ready for analysis
The interface is supplied in two core XinaBox kits, the XK05 micro:bit IoT kit and XK04 micro:bit STEM kit, (https://xinabox.cc/products/xk04and https://xinabox.cc/products/xk05).
There has been much anticipation from the IoT and STEM community in advance of today’s launch, with Andy Stanford-Clark, IBM Chief Technology Officer for UK & Ireland, and co-inventor of MQTT, commenting: “This is really cool! It adds Wi-Fi and an MQTT client to a humble micro:bit and puts powerful, easy-to-use IoT technologies into the hands of the next generation of engineers.”
Commenting on the launch, Daniel Berman, CEO of XinaBox said: “XinaBox’s new kits turbo-charge the micro:bit experience, by empowering users to take their micro:bit to the next level - from creating digital tools as part of STEM curricula activities, to smart devices connected to the Internet of Things.”
The new XinaBox kits (XK05 IoTand XK04 STEM) for micro:bit:
- Make it quick and easy to connect your micro:bit to an IoT platform.
- Connect to MQTT servers, and are tailored to work with 3 leading IoT platforms ALSO AllThingsTalk, Azure and Ubidots.
- Use light and weather sensors to investigate the natural world and undertake experiments / lessons (XK04 STEM).
- With the OC05 servo driver you can control a servo motor and build automation projects.
- The OD01 OLED display is great for showing data / diagnostics.
Leave a comment